I’ve worked in various fields, from hospitality to sales, from repairs to adult education. My work has always been about using language, getting the point across. This informs my translation style. I don’t just repeat what I’m told, I always keep the audience in mind and do the research.
I’m a staff teacher at a translation academy, and working with students shows me how far I’ve come and how much farther I’ve yet to go.
When I’m not working, I volunteer and study languages. Besides my native languages German and English, I work with French. I also have advanced skills in Turkish and Pashto.
To see my CV, check my LinkedIn profile.
References & samples
- Helle Panke e.V. – DE/EN interpreting for conference on feminism, Berlin 2019
- ndo annual conference – interpreting for annual conference of migrant advocacy group Neue Deutsche Organisationen in Berlin, 2019
- Kulturprojekte Berlin
Regular simultaneous interpreting for events about funding for the cultural sector since 2018
- Symposium about the New Bauhaus
Simultaneous interpreting DE>EN for several academic speeches w. tour guide system
Bauhaus Archives, Berlin, Feb. 2018
- 2017 ENSA conference, Berlin
DE>EN simultaneous interpreting
- MRBB conference: Queer Refugees – more than just welcome?!
Alice Salomon University, Berlin
DE>EN simultaneous interpreting, 2016
- Public health office of Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg: Community interpreting over several sessions, FR/DE